Power BI Developer
It is an essential function within an organisation, as the person is responsible for creating reports and manager cockpits,
as well as creating a reporting layer for information contained in databases. From the perspective of the user who creates reports, a key aspect will be the ability to properly illustrate a KPI, trend or relationship between data items using the available visualisations, metrics and other elements of the Power BI tool.
Other competency areas, such as database management, data warehouse construction and performing advanced analyses, can be supplied as the organisation’s business analytics develops.
Find out more about our Microsoft Power BI training offer
We start workshops dedicated to Power BI Developer by ensuring that the knowledge of all participants is equal. We then extend that knowledge with more complex examples on a specific topic. Participants do many exercises on their own with an emphasis on understanding the issue from a practical point of view, where possible using their own data.
Microsoft Power BI training - Basic level
Module 1 Introduction to Power BI
- Presentation of the product architecture
- Description of scenarios for using the tool
- Discussion of the interface
Module 2 Loading data into the model and its automation:
- discussion of the interface and data loading possibilities
- Creating a data loading mechanism based on data provided by the client
- Using the M language
Module 3 Creating a data model
- Creating a model based on data provided by the client
- Discussing the interface and modelling
Module 4 Creating reports
- Creating a report based on data provided by the client
- Reports – discussion of the interface
- Filters – use and possibilities
- Discussion of all basic visualisations (Tips & Tricks)
- KPIs – building of indicators
- Discussion of integration between charts
- Using maps for visualisation (e.g. Esri maps, creating your own maps and visualising them)
- Creating What-if analyses
- Publishing reports
- Custom visuals – adding additional visualisations, examples of the most frequently used ones
- Bookmarks – usage scenarios
Module 5 Discussion of Power BI Web elements
- Dashboard – discussion of how it works and how to create it, option of alerts and additional components
- Reports – design, operation and additional functions
- Data sources – automatic refreshing of data
Module 6 Power BI Mobile
- How to build a mobile report
- Desktop vs. mobile reports
- Best practices in building these reports
- Configuration and demonstrating how the tool works
Module 7 Advanced functions
- Using parameters
- Uses of the DAX language (advanced)
- DAX vs. M
Module 8 How to build a professional manager dashboard
- Building dashboards – layout, choice of visuals, graphic design
- Linking content of reports and dashboards
- How to present content to the board / management
Microsoft Power BI training - Advanced level
Microsoft Power BI training - Work on a Business Case
See how participants rated
our Power BI training
Average rating 4,9/531 replies
Average rating 4,7/531 replies
Average rating 4,9/531 replies
Details of the training:
AIM OF THE TRAINING
The aim of the training is a practical transfer of knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The training is mainly intended for Power BI report developers. It provides the knowledge necessary for creating reports and manager cockpits.
Sessions are conducted by trainers with many years of practical project knowledge.
PRICE OF THE TRAINING
PLN 24,717 net for 5 days of knowledge transfer. We suggest 10 as the maximum number of participants. The training is closed – we dedicate it to one organisation.
The whole knowledge transfer takes 5 working days. We divide the training into modules: basic training, advanced training and post-training support. Before the workshop, the participants – depending on their knowledge level – can determine the duration of each module.
We will adjust the training date to your calendar. Suggest a convenient date.
We conduct training courses remotely on Microsoft Teams.
We can also organise a training course on the premises of APN Promise or in the client’s office. Ask us about the options.
I want to receive marketing content from A.P.N. Promise S.A. by electronic means
I want to receive marketing content from A.P.N. Promise S.A. by phone
Microsoft – Power BI Dashboard In a Day (DIAD)
We also invite you to learn more about Power BI during free training courses organised by Microsoft – Power BI Dashboard In A Day (DIAD).
Our trainers also provide this type of training. DIADs are very popular and places sell out in no time, so if you would like to attend this type of training, contact us for information on available dates and enrolment opportunities. Additional information about DIAD can be found here: Dashboard in a Day.